Welcome to APPI – the Association of Professional Piano Instructors! We’re glad you found us. APPI is made up of piano teachers just like you, who experience the triumphs and tribulations of our field every week. We are diverse in our backgrounds and experiences, yet we all share a love of piano teaching and a desire to enhance the process of teaching and creating music for ourselves – and our students.
APPI offers affordable professional development opportunities for all piano teachers. Attend a meeting, prepare for a performance by attending a “Living Room Session,” preview student opportunities by visiting our Festival, read our newsletters – all FREE OF CHARGE. Members are friendly and approachable; ask questions and share ideas – we value your experience. We can all learn from each other!
APPI Members include . . .
- Experienced teachers with 10, 20, even 40 years’ experience!
- Brand new teachers starting their first year
- Teachers with degrees in music education and/or performance
- Teachers with a passion for music and degrees in other fields such as engineering, accounting, and business
APPI Offers . . .
- Affordable professional development – many completely free of charge
- Professional networking
- Many educational and performance opportunities for students